[mythtv-users] Question about mythfilldatabase?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 13 04:57:22 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2009 08:21 PM, David Yoder wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Did you get my last message, by any chance? I sent it directly to you.
>>> In case not, here's a copy of the script I have written, which so
>>> far is
>>> working for me. Sorry to be a nag!
>> Yeah, I did get it--I just haven't had a chance to go through it, yet.
> Alright, no problem. I understand you are a very busy man. Just wanted
> to make sure you got my email. BTW, I found a typo or two in the one I
> sent to you directly, and I have corrected them, so you might want to
> ditch that for the one I sent more recently. I'll leave you to your
> business. Take care.

David,

Are you still using this script?  I still think this would be a very
useful script for a lot of people.  And if you've been using it since
the end of October, I'm sure it's been well tested and is in pretty good
shape, now.

However, since I mentioned adding it to contrib (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/404185#404185 ),
we've made a change to the plan for contrib--we're actually moving
contrib scripts out of the contrib directory and putting them in the
wiki where they're easier for their authors to maintain.  So, I'd love
for you to add a page to the wiki for the script (complete with an
explanation of why someone might want to use it--like you gave in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/403803#403803 ).

Note, also, that trunk MythTV (which, when released as 0.24, will be the
first release with the "lean/mean contrib directory") has support in the
Python bindings for automatically downloading scripts out of the wiki
pages, so it will be easy for users to access.

You can either put the code directly in the wiki page or set up a
project at Google Code or SourceForge or wherever and link to the code
from the wiki page.  Please put the wiki page into the Scripts category
( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Scripts ).  Feel free to ask here
or on IRC for help creating the wiki page and getting it into the
category and set up to allow the auto-download.

Here's a link to the script you posted on the list, just in case.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406707#406707

Thanks,
Mike