[mythtv-users] Using MythTV 0.22

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu May 13 01:54:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:39:12 -0400,
lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote :

>   Now with 0.22 I have specified /storage/videos/ in Video -> general
> setting, I have copied some -flv files
> in /storage/videos/Youtube/Music/PinkFloyd but MythTV reports that
> there are no files.

OK, found it.  I have to press 'm' to pop up a menu which has the
'scan' function.  Now I can see the files through MythTV, but none of
the .flv (nor the .mp4 for that matter that plays nicely on my old
Fedora 8 system) will play in MythTV.  The plyer setup option has a
mention for an internal player only.  Is thatthe right setting for
playing such videos ?

Thanks.