[mythtv-users] Your recording statistics?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 10 15:49:41 UTC 2010

On Monday 10 May 2010 09:43:17 am Mark J. Small wrote:

> Number of shows:
> 807
> Number of episodes:
> 11246
> First recording:
> Friday March 12th, 2004
> Last recording:
> Monday May 10th, 2010
> Total Running Time:
> 6 years 1 month 27 days 21 hrs 7 mins
> Total Recorded:
> 11 months 16 days 10 hrs 6 mins
> Percent of time spent recording:
> 7%
>
> Wow, that's a lot of TV.

It is, but something that's not recorded is:

How much do you record but never watch?

I record a lot of stuff "just in case", and often never get around to watching
it.

I've also archived a lot of  programs to DVD and put them on the shelf, again
"just in case".

Much of this material could be had from the internet, an example is "60
Minutes". I record it "just in case", but I suppose I could get the program
from the internet if it turned out to be something I want to watch.