[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 10.04 package and Video Schema Issue

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun May 9 03:05:07 UTC 2010

On 5/8/2010 22:09, Robert Shields wrote:
> Each time I start the frontend I get the following error:
>
>     Error: MythTV database has newer Video Schema (1033) than expected
>     (1032)

Somewhere, somehow, you ran the frontend with a trunk build of the
MythVideo plugin.  MythTV does not provide any way to revert the
database, and often times there is no way.  MythTV will automatically
make a backup of your database whenever you update the schema, so you
should have a copy somewhere from before moving to trunk.  You have
three options:

1. Just continue running trunk.  Not recommended.
2. Find the database backup, and revert.  You will lose record of any
recordings between now and whenever you made the upgrade.
3. Flush the MythVideo tables, and rescan your video folder from
scratch.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/407793#407793