[mythtv-users] Cannot load language en_us for module Mythtv 0.23

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat May 8 17:31:19 UTC 2010

Hi Mike!

Sorry for the once again delayed reply, things have been very hectic at work in the
past week (and I'm expecting that next week will probably be similar).

>> I have submitted it in ticket #8414
>> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8414).
>
> Thanks a lot.  Some of the other devs were surprised--and amused--that
> when we finally got an en_us translation, it came from someone on the
> French trans^H^H^H^H^Hlanguage translation team.

ROTFL...

<snip>
>> The funny thing is that here (Canada **) I believe "programme" is an
>> accepted spelling and "favourites" is the correct spelling...
 >
> Correcting those issues is exactly the kind of thing Robert McNamara was
> asking for in
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/434589#434589 .  So, if
> you get a chance to work on some of them, we'd be very grateful.

Yep, I saw his post and this I was indeed considering the places where I overrid the
text that came from the application a temporary fix... As you can guess however I am
not as confortable as a native speaker of English would be to change the spelling of
English words (especially since the spelling of these words is actually the right one
in some parts of the world I kinda feel weird to decide to change their spelling
since I am not a native speaker).

I will however submit a patch and let you (as in devs) decide whether you apply it or
not.

BTW, I do agree that they should normally be in the same language/variant if only for
consistency sake (see last paragraphs of
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/405264?do=post_view_threaded#405264).

I will be submitting an update to the translation as soon as the other patch will
have been applied since I noticed a few things I want to correct (problems which were
  present before the update and which I noticed after it was committed (one of the
singular form is inconsistent with all the others for example...) and I forgot to
suppress the obsolete entries (on the French translation we only suppress them when
we submit them and I forgot to do it).

BTW, I did spot another British English word... Initialising is spelled
"initializing" in US English, right?

> Thanks, again.

No problem!

Have a nice day!