[mythtv-users] Master backend comes up as slave backend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat May 1 01:25:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 10:04 -0400, Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> Since doing a fresh install of Mythdora 12.23 I am having an odd
> problem. I have one backend and several frontneds.  In my backend if I
> put anything besides in mythtv-setup for local backend IP
> address and master backend IP address the backend comes up (as
> reported in mythbackend.log) as a slave backend.

If the other comments don't help, I'd look at the data base directly.

I don't know if the following works in your distribution. You may need
to fill in the user, password and data base.

. /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
mysql -u$DBUserName -p$DBPassword $DBName -e \
    "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE '%ServerIP'"

You should see the following only with your IP address
and hostname for the master (I don't have any slaves):

| value           | data          | hostname |
| MasterServerIP  | | NULL     |
| BackendServerIP | | mc0      |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Bill Meek