[mythtv-users] MythTV to MythVideo, best and easiest solution for Mythbuntu 10.4?

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Fri May 7 20:15:40 UTC 2010

Hi all

"Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch> writes:

> That's a possibility. And how about storage-groups? I just read the
> respective article on mythtv.org. Would it be possible to make two
> storage-groups for 'movies-to-keep' and 'series-to-keep' and have these
> in folders different from default recordings? The advantage would be
> that I could assign the correct storage-group already in the recording
> schedule. Would it be possible to tell the MythTV backend to never
> expire recordings in those storage-groups?

I tried this possibility and again something doesn't work as expected. I
created a new storage group called 'Collection'. I want to mount a large
disk to the respective folder /var/lib/mythtv/collection/ and save the
recorded shows, that I want to keep for good, in that folder.

Now, I can find no possibility to move recorded shows into that storage
group. Have I misunderstood anything? The Wiki says:

,----
| Multiple Storage Groups can also be created to group recordings
| together; recording schedules now have an option to specify which
| Storage Group to use.
`----

Is that only possible for new recordings? There must be any way to
change the storage group of an already existing recording. What if I
change my mind which recordings I want to group together? Where is the
storage group management?

Greetings,

Sven