[mythtv-users] Comcast just made things worse

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:12:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> We missed tonight's shows because Comcast:
>
> 1) moved all the OTA digital streams to new virtual channels, and
> 2) Removed the station and channel identifiers from most of those channels

1) This is Comcast's version of the Shell Game
2) This makes Comcast's basic service a NEGATIVE value.

I expect that they're on a strict schedule to tighten all the screws slowly
around the US until you'd have to be a fool to NOT rent their fancy digital
converter boxes and cede control of your TV to them.

Comcastic.

Who would have guessed a few years ago that we'd all be putting antennas
BACK on top of our houses?

-Ross