[mythtv-users] Wrong image size (and resolution problems)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed May 5 12:49:26 UTC 2010

Alan Ferrero wrote:

>I have a strange visualization problem: the size of the image I get on
>the TV screen is a little bit smaller than it should be, resulting in a
>black frame all around it.

My guess is that the computer is creating an image with a black
border on the assumption that the TV will crop off the outside of the
image as overscan. I know that when I use my Mac to drive a TV then
under options I can either use the full display and lose the outside,
or have a smaller image with black border.

--
Simon Hobson