[mythtv-users] Wrong image size (and resolution problems)

Alan Ferrero alanf at tin.it
Wed May 5 12:24:50 UTC 2010

Hi all! :)

I have a strange visualization problem: the size of the image I get on
the TV screen is a little bit smaller than it should be, resulting in a
black frame all around it.

This happens regardless the source (live TV, recordings, video files,
etc.) or the application (MythTV, desktop environment apps, BIOS).

It's as if my HTPC assumed the television is smaller then it actually is!

I also noticed that during boot the resolution changes: it begins at
1080p, later (when X11 is loaded, I guess) it switches to 480p and in
the end, when XFCE loads, it gets back to 1080p.

I'm using Mythbuntu 9.10 (64 bit), Radeon 3200 HD and the ATI
proprietary drivers.
I set the resolution (in XFCE) to 1080p and the HTPC is plugged to the
TV by an HDMI cable.

Thanks for your help!

Alan