[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

M.A.E.M. Hanson hansonorders at verizon.net
Tue May 4 20:13:25 UTC 2010

I also have a QIP-6200 for my Verizon service and I believe the key to
why sa3250cmd always returns status 2 (on) is because the box *is*
always on -- unless it's unplugged. ;)  By which I mean, the power
button on the unit or remote that controls the unit only puts the box in
a standby mode and needs to be woken by the MENU button.  If you hook up
the QIP-6200 direct to a monitor or TV, you'll notice that when it is
"off" a floating screen saver that tells to you press the MENU key to
watch tv.  I've spoken to Christian about this in irc, but I've never
gotten around to implement something in 6200ch to send the MENU command
via firewire.

Mike