[mythtv-users] Anyone know how to update to the latest XMLTV in Mythbuntu?

Chris Butler chrisb at debian.org
Tue May 4 16:04:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:36:03PM +0100, nospam312 wrote:
> The key thing is do not do an upgrade of all your packages when you
> have entered the temporary software source.  Just upgrade XMLTV and
> then remove the temporary software source.  If you fail to do this and
> then upgrade all your packages I highly suspect you will end up with a
> completely broken system.

If you add/edit the file /etc/apt/preferences before adding the debian
repository to your sources.list, and add the following:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian, a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 1

That reduces the priority of the Debian archive, so that packages should
only be installed from there when apt is explicitly told to do so.

--
Chris