[mythtv-users] Anyone know how to update to the latest XMLTV in Mythbuntu?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 14:36:03 UTC 2010

> Thanks for the info, will give this a go this evening.
> Ash

FYI still seems to be working for me and I have found no problems so far.

Just wish to thank "Chris Butler" again for the dummy package he
created and the heads up on the other upgraded package that without it
I suspect none of this would have been possible until official
packages where made available.

The key thing is do not do an upgrade of all your packages when you
have entered the temporary software source.  Just upgrade XMLTV and
then remove the temporary software source.  If you fail to do this and
then upgrade all your packages I highly suspect you will end up with a
completely broken system.

I am hoping to some degree what I have posted will allow Mythbuntu
users to upgrade to the XMLTV versions between the Ubuntu 6 monthly
cycles.    Much will depend if new dependencies are needed and whether
the debian.org site has updated XMLTV version packages available.