[mythtv-users] Any way to automatically retrieve lineups?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 4 15:12:34 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 03:51 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> I use MythTV with schedules direct, but it only downloads a couple of weeks
>> of schedules, then is unknown after that until I run setup and retrieve
>> lineups again.  Is there a way to set it up to do this automatically?
> Depends on how you're running mythfilldatabase. I think there's a way
> of scheduling it from within MythTV in Utilities/Setup -->  Setup -->
> General (last screen).
> However, in Australia we don't have Schedules Direct and we have
> different programme guide grabbers. I run this as a daily cron job so
> that I've always got 2 weeks of forward EPG data.

Ah, yes.  If you haven't told MythTV to run mythfilldatabase, but
instead only run it using the distro-provided script that starts
mythtv-setup and then runs mythfilldatabase on exit, it would seem to
work as the OP described.

I would still recommend doing the video sources portion of the post I
linked after you configure MythTV to run mythfilldatabase automatically
for you just to clean up what may be a mess from the approach you had
been using.

I think, though, that mythfilldatabase configuration may now be in
mythtv-setup (General settings) instead of mythfrontend.