[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue May 4 04:25:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Christian Szpilfogel <
christian at szpilfogel.com> wrote:

>  On 03/05/2010 4:02 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Phil Linttell <phil.linttell at rogers.com>wrote:
>

>> > Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 22:41:06 -0400
>> > From: Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com>
>> > After a few trouble-free years, for the third time in a month, I
>> discovered
>> > my STB had somehow entered a power-off state, and as a result I missed a
>> > couple of recordings.
>>

>  Another option is a program I wrote that checks for power status on the
> STB and then you can turn it on or off. I expect this will work on any STB
> as I use the original power codes defined in the late 90's. I also have a
> script that does the power status check before turning on the STB that way
> you save an additional second as the power on requires a 1 second guard
> time.
>
> Check out: http://code.google.com/p/sa3250cmd/
>
> don't be spooked by the name sa3250. When I first wrote it, it was for
> sa3250 and sa4250 boxes but it should be generic and has also been verified
> on the Motorola DCT series. Let me know if it works or not on yours and I
> will add it to the compatibility list.
>
> Also note majoridiot is using the same power codes but I don't remember
> what logic he checks before doing this so it may/may not work with the QIP.

Hi Christian,

Ah, looks like you missed the first message in this thread - see

<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/434554>George (and
Christian), I just tried sa3250 again, to no avail.  The status command
returns the same codes whether the STB is on or off.  Specifically,
sa3250cmd -v -n 0 status returns:

  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

George, what does it say for you in the on and off states?

I just tried majoridiot's program, and it will change channels fine when the
STB is on, but does nothing when it's off, using either:
mythchanger -f 6 -P -c 100
and
mythchanger -f 7 -P -c 100

-Jerry