[mythtv-users] Help me choose a Redhat based OS for MythBackend

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue May 4 04:13:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Mike <beatbreaker82 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> speaking, there's nothing stopping you from just updating to the
>> latest released bits. Or from adding CentOS 6 yum repos when they
>> become available and just update from there going forward, morphing
>> the box from RHEL6 beta into CentOS 6. But if anything breaks along
>> the way, you keep both pieces. :)
>

> This is good to know, it's tempting I've got to say but the risk of breaking
> it may be too great a loss if something goes wrong...

Risk really should be quite minimal, that was just a CYA statement by me. :)

> Sent from my iPhone... don't buy an iPhone.

Too late, I already have one. As does my wife. Couldn't be happier
with 'em either. Planning to get another one in October. Oh, and I
just picked up one of the 64GB 3G iPads last Friday. Its freakin'
awesome. I'll probably get a second one (16G wifi only), since I can't
keep the kids away from this one. (No, not actually *using* 3G on this
one, but figured I might as well have the option, plus then you get
GPS too -- Navigon MyRegion actually works quite well, despite being
an iphone app running resolution-doubled).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com