[mythtv-users] Upgraded system and now lirc won't work

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:56:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> What do you have in /etc/sysconfig/lirc

This is my file:
# Note: in addition to these parameters, you need to have working    -*- sh -*-
# configuration file for lircd (and lircmd if enabled).

# Options to lircd(8).  Typically, this will be empty, as which driver to use
# should be specified using the LIRC_DRIVER variable below.
LIRCD_OPTIONS=""

# The infrared receiver (and/or transmitter) driver to be used by lircd(8),
# similar to passing "-H driver" to lircd(8).
# Run "/usr/sbin/lircd -H help" to get a listing of supported drivers.
LIRC_DRIVER=""

# Which lirc device will be used by lircd(8).
# This is the same as passing "-d device" to lircd.
# An empty value will use the default /dev/lirc0 device.
LIRC_DEVICE=""

# If "yes", the init script will try to start lircmd(8) too.
ENABLE_LIRCMD="no"

# Options to lircmd(8).
LIRCMD_OPTIONS=""

> And do those devices exist?

Looks that way.

[root at localhost modprobe.d]# ls -la /dev/lirc*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 0 2010-05-03 14:59 /dev/lirc0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 1 2010-05-03 14:59 /dev/lirc1

> I recently upgraded from Mythdora 10.21 (aka Fedora 10) to Mythdora 12.23
> (aka Fedora 12) and /dev/hiddev1 moved to /dev/usb/hiddev1
>
> I also have the update the LIRC socket file name has changed to
> /var/run/lirc/lircd , so you will need to update MythTV Settings ->
> General from /dev/lircd ->/var/run/lirc/lircd and then restart
> mythfrontend
>
> as suggested on http://www.mythdora.com/?q=node/5298

I made this change a while back when I upgraded to Fedora 12.