[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.04 upgrade - X doesn't start if no monitor connected

Peter Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Mon May 3 15:08:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Ash Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 May 2010 12:39, Ash Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've upgraded from mythbuntu 9.10 to 10.04 and now if my machine turns on
>> at a time when I haven't first turned on a monitor connected to it then xorg
>> fails to start. Is there any way around this?
>
> Does any one else who's using ubuntu/mythbuntu have this problem? I can post
> my xorg.conf file if that helps?

check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.  i've been having a heck of a
time getting my 9.10 upgrade to do what i want w.r.t. X.  it seems
that ubuntu has gone to a 'configless' configuration where X queries
the monitor and card for its config.  everything says that you can
still use an xorg.conf but mine is ignoring most things.

-peter