[mythtv-users] When there are more requests for tuners than there are tuners?

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Sat May 1 11:44:48 UTC 2010

If I had NN# myth tuners and NN+1 concurrent myth Scheduled Recordings and
Frontends asking for LiveTV, there would be a contention situation when the
"extra" request for a tuner is made.

Assuming a mix of LiveTV and recording, how does Myth 0.22 arbitrate this?

What if the last request is for LiveTV vs. what if the last request to
start was a scheduled recording, what rules are used?

For me, this will translate to a question of economics concerning how many
STBs to commit to paying on.  Also of concern is the WAF of some recording
being bumped off the schedule, or not being able to watch something live.

TIA.