[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.23 rc1 - Virtual Keyboard Missing & Arclight and Graphite Themes don't work unpatched

Rajesh Balan rajesh at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 30 04:28:30 UTC 2010

On 30-Mar-10 2:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Thanks for the test.  I was just curious how much of a change there
> was.  The race condition doesn't take much timing difference at all to
> alter the outcome.  Unfortunately, until someone actually fixes the
> underlying issue (which is a large job--which may be done as part of
> the refactoring being done for the mythui OSD branch), you'll probably
> need to just apply the patch.

I've seen another possible QT race condition ever since I moved to 0.23.
For every theme I have tried, if I click back through screens too fast,
every now and then, the screen information will disappear and all you
get is a blank screen with the theme wallpaper.

This is most apparent in mythvideo where if I click through to a folder
full of video files and then select a particular video file (popping up
the page showing the video details with the play button). If I then
press the back button too fast, the page it sends me to is completely
empty. i.e., no video file icons are visible.

the solution for this is either to restart mythfrontend (I have a
kill/resume process linked to my remote's off button just for this) or
to press enter to go to the video information screen (which will not be
shown. i.e., you will see a blank screen) and then press okay to play
the video. the video will play and returning from the video will redraw
the screens fine.

from my limited testing, this happens if I click back too quickly. If I
take my time, it seems to be better. but this is very unscientific test.

I read a posting about this same behaviour quite a few months ago (with
relation to the same theme I use most of the time. The blue-abstract
theme). but I did not remember seeing any solutions posted.

Rajesh