[mythtv-users] Upgrade advice - JYA to mythbuntu auto-builds

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Mon Mar 29 02:11:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

Currently I'm on mythbuntu 9.10 with JYA's 0.22-fixes repo and his
nvidia 185 drivers.
I'm planning an upgrade to mythbuntu weekly auto-builds to get 0.23rc1.

Just wondering if there's any special steps recommended, for instance
removing JYA's myth or nvidia packages before activating the
auto-builds.
Also wondering if people think I should keep JYA for nvidia drivers,
or use mythbuntu for nvidia too.

And a third thing: is nvidia 195 ready for prime-time yet? Just
wondering, 'cos I heard word of performance and HDMI audio regressions
in some 195 versions.

Cheers!
Chris.

NB. Yes backups will be done :-)