[mythtv-users] Possible to do HDMI audio with BFG GT 220 Rev B?

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 22:02:46 UTC 2010

Fry's had a good deal (if the rebate comes through) on a BFG GT 220 1Gig
card.  Looking at the box it prominently said it had HDMI out, so I got
one.  When I got it home I noticed it had a DVI to HDMI adapter in the box,
and thought that was a bit strange, until I tried to plug an HDMI cable into
what I thought was the HDMI port built into the card.  I then realized that
the onboard ports are DVI, VGA, and Display Port.  So now I wonder if the
HDMI can carry sound since it is plugged into the DVI port through an
adapter.  The documentation that came with the board is pretty sparse, and
the BFG web site isn't a lot better. The Rev A version of the card did have
HDMI on the board instead of Display Port.

It isn't a big deal, I can use the SPDIF out of the motherboard, just
curious more than anything.

Bill