[mythtv-users] Three cheers for four years with MythTV

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:58:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> As we await 0.23, let me thank MythTV, and the people behind it, for
> the last four years . . . and for the many more ahead. I, for one,
> can't wait.

A huge echo on this.  Although, I have been using myth since .14, so
that puts me 6 years of usage.  I have seen it go from then, a
semi-stable system that would often lock-up trying to do analog
recordings via a PVR-350 (which was my output device using some
motherboard with a soldered on VIA 900 mhz cpu) to pretty much rock
solid performance with full HD capture (via firewire) and output (via
GeForce 6200).

In that time, I have only had to upgrade the box once (not counting
software, addition of ram, hd, and changing video cards) and am still
using the lowly AMD Sempron 3100+ system that I purchased  four years
ago to do all my work.  Thank you to Myth, its developers, the awesome
community behind it that answers any questions that come up, and my
cable company for putting virtually everything out on firewire
(seriously, how many times do you see people actually thanking their
cable company).