[mythtv-users] Overlapping recordings on SAME channel w/ one tuner

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Mar 25 11:46:01 UTC 2010

Chris Adams wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Jeff Evans <jeffe at tricab.com> wrote:
>> I'm a myth user since 0.19, now running 0.22, and there is only one
>> thing that I'm still missing from the commercial PVR's:
>>
>> The ability to overlap back2back recordings on the same channel using
>> one tuner.
>
> Use 2 virtual tuners?

Where's that option for my PVR 350? ;-)

Yes, that's a joke in case you missed the smiley!

It's a serious point as well though. I use DVB-T in the UK for most of my recordings,
and multirec works fine there, so long as there's a still a free virtual tuner.

However I also use a PVR350 to record direct from a Cable STB, and overlapping
recordings for programs on the same channel would be really handy there.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts