[mythtv-users] Good USB IR receiver for MythTV?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Thu Mar 25 05:27:37 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a USB IR receiver that I can use with a Logitech Harmony
series remote.  I know the harmony can emulate an MCE remote, and those
come with USB IR receivers, but my concern is that those may only pick
up a limited number of IR codes.  Ultimately I'd like map just about
every MythTV keyboard  shortcut out in an lirc.conf so I can do
everything with a remote.  Will any MCE USB receiver work like this,
only some, none?  If not is there another receiver that would work?