[mythtv-users] Does 3d performance matter at all with Myth?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Mar 24 02:33:11 UTC 2010

> OK then I'm goign to have to study the docs a bit more on this
> account. I thought I was seeing features that were very different.
> Probably I'm just mistaken.

They look different, but it's basically marketing - much as low-end
Xeon processors were just rebadged consumer Core 2 parts (with a
switch flicked to allow use in a multiprocessor system), the Quadro's
aren't really that different to a Geforce, just with the driver
default settings tweaked for quality over speed, and a few extra API's
which are of no use in a MythTV frontend, unless you find yourself in
the habit of doing CAD in the lounge room.

You want a fanless 9500GT or GT220 - this will allow for the best
quality deinterlacing on any 1080i content. Any fancier card is just
burning extra power to produce extra heat.

- Chris