[mythtv-users] Soo I just got the Comcast all digital notice. What is my best option?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Mar 22 14:30:28 UTC 2010

Larry wrote:
> My guess is that the simplest is to just add in an IR Blaster to the
> system and reconfigure my PVR to get its signal via a component/svideo
> cable or whatever option that my tuner box comes with to send signal
> out?  I'm assuming of course that I can both send and recieve signal on
> that spaghetti cable on the PVR-350. That may in itself be wrong.
>
> In reading the mythtv wiki I noticed an article about the DTA
> converters.  Would that allow me to keep my existing card without any
> changes?  It appears from what I can tell that all the channels will be
> sent over this converter and I just need to scan and tune them?  Am I
> reading that wrong?

The DTAs have *only* one coaxial/RF output that you can set to ch.3 or ch.4
out. There are no S-video or any other kind of outputs. All tuning is done on
the DTA.

I had an issue trying to attach two DTAs to one PVR-500 that I solved with an
additional piece of hardware:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/278677.html