[mythtv-users] XMLTV errors (UK)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:15:15 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott wrote:
> .On 21 March 2010 12:51, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> My mythfilldatabase run had errors this morning, I'm currently re-running it
>> from the command line and it's throwing out lines like:
>>
>> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1544.dat: Use of uninitialized value
>> $num_titles in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line
>> 2194.
>>
>> There are 11 of these so far. Does this mean that I need to update xmltv or
>> the Radio Times grabber?
>
> This was fixed in XMLTV CVS in December 2009 (r1.263) when more debug
> output was added for empty listings files. This was committed after
> the release of 0.5.56 (the current release of XMLTV) so users will
> need to upgrade to current CVS. A new XMLTV release should be out
> soon, once some issues related to using the latest versions (>=6.00)
> of the Date::Manip module are resolved.
>
> The warning is harmless - there are several files on the Radio Times
> XMLTV service that are not carrying listings at the moment. A counter
> was left undefined rather than set to 0, so any empty listings files
> will have an undef number of titles processed rather than zero. When
> this information is output, a warning is generated. This error should
> be repeated for the number of empty listings files your configuration
> tries to process.
>
> On my CVS-based grab this morning, I saw 7 empty listings files
> mentioned in the debug output:
>
> Start of list of channels providing no listings
>   Bravo 2 (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/2010.dat)
>   ESPN America (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1543.dat)
>   ESPN Classic (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/2011.dat)
>   Extreme Sports Channel (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/582.dat)
>   MTV (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/202.dat)
>   Really (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1882.dat)
>   VH1 (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/293.dat)
> End of list of channels providing no listings

Snag is, mythweb shows the mythfilldatabase run as "incomplete", and I'm missing
data for the last two days (ie I only have 12 days ahead instead of 14[1]). Does
the problem you've outlined above prevent the system from exiting with a
"successful" status?

[1] I've just seen a trailer for "Life on Mars" for Good Friday, but I've no
data at all for that date.

--

Mike Perkins