[mythtv-users] XMLTV errors (UK)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 15:31:08 UTC 2010

.On 21 March 2010 12:51, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> My mythfilldatabase run had errors this morning, I'm currently re-running it
> from the command line and it's throwing out lines like:
>
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1544.dat: Use of uninitialized value
> $num_titles in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line
> 2194.
>
> There are 11 of these so far. Does this mean that I need to update xmltv or
> the Radio Times grabber?

This was fixed in XMLTV CVS in December 2009 (r1.263) when more debug
output was added for empty listings files. This was committed after
the release of 0.5.56 (the current release of XMLTV) so users will
need to upgrade to current CVS. A new XMLTV release should be out
soon, once some issues related to using the latest versions (>=6.00)
of the Date::Manip module are resolved.

The warning is harmless - there are several files on the Radio Times
XMLTV service that are not carrying listings at the moment. A counter
was left undefined rather than set to 0, so any empty listings files
will have an undef number of titles processed rather than zero. When
this information is output, a warning is generated. This error should
be repeated for the number of empty listings files your configuration
tries to process.

On my CVS-based grab this morning, I saw 7 empty listings files
mentioned in the debug output:

Start of list of channels providing no listings
  Bravo 2 (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/2010.dat)
  ESPN America (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1543.dat)
  ESPN Classic (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/2011.dat)
  Extreme Sports Channel (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/582.dat)
  MTV (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/202.dat)
  Really (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1882.dat)
  VH1 (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/293.dat)
End of list of channels providing no listings

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott