[mythtv-users] Error in italian translation

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Mar 17 16:30:37 UTC 2010

federico.ferri at yahoo.it wrote:
> The label "This showing is being recorded." is to indicate a program not
> recorded yet, but it will be,  not in the "current" selection, but with
> another schedule.
>
> The italian translate mean that the program is recording just now....who
> doesn't know this (and my wife usually forgets) make you to go and check
> if it's recording...
>
> A better translation should be:
> "Questo programma è già programmato per essere registrato"
>
> the literal english translate is:
> "This show is already scheduled to be recorded"
>
> i souppose this is the right meaning.
>
> Do you agree? especially italian people...
>
> should i open a ticket?

Given your description of the context (a recording that is currently NOT recording, but
will start recording some time in the future), I would say that English version is a bit
suspect as well!

A better suggestion would be "This showing will be recorded."

In other words, "will be" indicates a future event, while "is being" is a current event.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts