[mythtv-users] Any way to tell which tuner card might be bad?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Mar 12 15:01:23 UTC 2010

> I'm going to stop shy of saying this issue is solved, but since opening
> up the box last week and adding a small fan blowing more air directly
> onto the three PCI tuner cards, my recording have not had any issues.

Ok, so my problem is not quite resolved yet. I want to try and move my
recordings to a different drive than the OS and database as people have
suggested. I have a MyBookWorld Edition NAS.

The problem is that even though I have it connected on a gigabit switch,
and the device shows 1000Mb/s, I'm only seeing a transfer rate of
3.75MB/s using rsync. (My backend server is connected at GB and I've
confirmed transfer rates of about 20MB/s with another machine.)

After a little research it seems that it's an issue with these
MyBookWorld Editions. My question is:

Is ~3.75MB/s enough for three simultaneous recordings? I have a
PVR150/250/350 in the backend. Add on top of that commercial flagging
stuff, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
James