[mythtv-users] mythtv with logitech harmony 555 & NOVA TD-500

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 22:06:38 UTC 2010

Folks,

I'm going round in circles here.  I have MythTV 0.22 on Xubuntu 9.10.  I
have a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 installed and LIRC installed and
configured to use the Hauppauge remote.  It all works and was remarkably
easy to configure.
I have recently bought a Logitech Harmony 555 and I want to get this to
drive MythTV.  The 555 works fine with my TV and old VCR/DVD player; but
I can't get it configured with LIRC so I can't get it to drive MythTV.
I've gone through the steps in these two links:

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup

http://www.beulbek.nl/2008/12/18/controlling-my-ubuntu-based-mediacenter-with-a-logitech-harmony-555/

but to no avail.  Can anyone help me here?  Has anyone got the Harmony
555 working with a NOVA TD-500 (or for that matter with a NOVA-HD-S2 -
which is also installed on my HTPC)?

Regards,

Gavin