[mythtv-users] Fwd: Further Notice of Seagate Hard Drive Class Action and Proposed Settlement

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 12 19:16:46 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 12:11:27 pm Mark Knecht wrote:

> Actually, I'm thinking of suing DRAM companies because my DRAM power
> consumption in these times of global warming is 7% higher than it
> should have been.
>
> Anyone want to join me and reap the rewards?

What about the extra power consumed by the extra bit in ECC RAM, and the power
used by the buffer chips?

Certainly there should be some sort of disclaimer of these factors for all ECC
RAM.

Plus, I was induced to buy ECC RAM because the "error correcting" feature
appealed to me as a bad typist. I have been deceived by marketing, since I
still see errors in my documents that are stored in such RAM.

Legislation is Urgently Needed!