[mythtv-users] OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Fri Mar 12 15:43:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:
> Aaron wrote:
>>
>> This is from the MythTV Support page:
>>
>> MythTV-users
>> Usually less on-topic than the more technical mythtv-dev list
>> described below, this is a place for users to discuss hardware
>> setups, configuration problems, etc. It's a fairly busy list, but is
>> the first place that we recommend you look if you are interested in
>> learning more about MythTV and/or getting involved with its user
>> community. Here is the mailing list archive for MythTV-users.
>
> I don't really see how the topic falls into the description/mission of the
> mythtv-users list that you have quoted here.  Did you have a point to make?
> Maybe try making it again?
>
> Brian

My point is "Usually less on-topic than the more technical mythtv-dev
list". Even if it's frowned upon by some; it is not against any rules
to post a OT message.

So a few OTs thrown in a week; over the hundred's of other more
technical discussions doesn't really seem that bad. And can be easily
remedied by creating a rule that deletes OT: topics.

But after I posted I was thinking... why can't we have the powers at
be create a "MythTV-OT" list? Then those of us that wouldn't mind
having OT discussions have a place to chat without being chastised by
those that only want to deal with technical discussions?