[mythtv-users] Mythweb mythweather has stars during the day and sun

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Mar 12 05:43:23 UTC 2010

Hi!

James Klaas wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
>>./nwsxml.pl -u ENG KARB
>>
>>Do you get the right info in the weather and weather_icon? The little stars
>>are usually associated with Fair and fair.jpg.
>
> I get "weather_icon::fair.png".  So that seems good.

I assume you mean during the day...

> I guess because the partly cloudy icon has a sun on it and sunny is

Partly cloudy refers to the how much of the sky is covered by clouds I think so they
probably only use it during the day when you can actually see it.

> displayed as, well, a sun but fair is displayed with stars, I somehow
> thought that it was adjusted for daytime vs. night.  I'm also not sure
 > what the difference between fair and sunny is.

I believe Environment Canada (used for Canadian cities) always uses clear (which is
similar to fair and when it is applicable) at night and sunny (when it is applicable)
during the day but it's quite possible the US NWS uses fair during the day...

Have a nice day!

Nick