[mythtv-users] Mythweb mythweather has stars during the day and sun

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 9 21:21:07 UTC 2010

Hi

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> James Klaas wrote:

>>> Which source are you using? The BBC, Environment Canada, or the US
>>> National
>>> Weather Service?
>>>

> <snip>
>

>> # Current Conditions
>>
>>    * Location: Ann Arbor Municipal Airport, MI
>>    * Source: NWS-XML
>
> I assume your problem is with the current conditions, right?
>>
>> National weather it appears.
>>

> Yep...
>
> Since you had mentionned UTC/GMT I thought your source might have been the
> BBC but it is indeed the US National Weather Service (NWS for short).
>
> I don't know if the info will be OK tomorrow but tonight I am getting small
> stars (ie the right info) for the Ann Arbor Municipal Airport.
>
> Try to find where the US NWS scripts are on your pc and run nwsxml.pl like
> so
>
> ./nwsxml.pl -u ENG KARB
>
> Do you get the right info in the weather and weather_icon? The little stars
> are usually associated with Fair and fair.jpg.

I get "weather_icon::fair.png".  So that seems good.

> Which is essentially what I/you should get if you go to this URL:
>
> http://www.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/KARB.xml
>
> Let me know what happens...
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> Nick

I guess because the partly cloudy icon has a sun on it and sunny is
displayed as, well, a sun but fair is displayed with stars, I somehow
thought that it was adjusted for daytime vs. night.  I'm also not sure
what the difference between fair and sunny is.

James