[mythtv-users] Massive Lineup Shift - Best way to handle?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:19:52 UTC 2010

Time Warner Cable has decided to completely blow away the lineup for
all channels above 99 (all digital channels) and re-arrange all of
them on March 31.  I'd be surprised if less than 1% of the channels
have the same number, and that would only be by coincidence.

Here's my setup, just wanted to see what I need to do to make this as
smooth as possible (.22-fixes btw)

1) Analog Channels - They aren't changing, no worries there
2) Digital QAM - I get maybe a dozen or so local networks via QAM, and
I get the listing data from DD.  I know I'll have to rescan.
3) HD-PVR - this is set to capture from my STB for any channel >=100
that I get.  I get the listings data from DD.

What's the appropriate way to get the new channel lineup?  Beyond the
channel scan for the new QAM channels, do I need to instantiate
anything via mythtv-setup and/or mythfilldatabase?  What do I need to
worry about regarding recording rules?  Probably half of my rules are
"record anytime of this channel" - so they are channel specific.  Is
it safe to assume that as long as the channel name (or is it callsign)
is the same, that it'll be OK after the lineup changes?

Thanks!
Matt