[mythtv-users] Hulu Desktop respawning on exit.

Dave Day dday at sc.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 02:02:58 UTC 2010

On 03/08/2010 10:14 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Dave Day <dday at sc.rr.com> wrote:
>> I followed the instructions here:
>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hulu_Desktop_Integration
>>
>> for Gentoo and Hulu Desktop works as expected with one
>> exception.
>>
>> It often seems to respawn itself when I select exit, and I
>> have to exit several times sometimes as many as six before I
>> can get back to the MythTV menus.
>>
>> Needless to say, this is a major WAF issue.  I really have
>> no clue what to do.  The system is a P4 quad.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave
>
> I had this exact problem - it was due to duplicates in my .lircrc
> files. Duplicate entries will BOTH get processed so when you select
> <Enter> to accept the Exit on Hulu it exits and then immediately
> launches Hulu again from the second processing of the same <Enter> key
> press.
>
> It was quite a puzzle b/c everything else seemed to work ok.
>
> -Johnny

Johnny,

Thanks so much!

That was it.  I run Gentoo but had started on MythBuntu to
simplify my environment while I learned a little about MythTV.

When I switched back to Gentoo I took a few ideas/files with
me one of them was the scheme where Mythbuntu/MythTV user
has a .lircrc which includes all of many files in the
directory .lirc.  Several of these files (for mplayer etc)
have duplicate entrys and they were all getting hit.

I commented out all but the MythTV entry and it is working
correctly now.

Thanks again,
Dave