[mythtv-users] MythTV audio re-write

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:54:07 UTC 2010

Hi

I've been reading this thread with interest...

For what it's worth ; an audio rewrite as what was first discussed
(OSS , that became ALSA support etc...) wouldn't help any of the AV
sync issues people are reporting...

AV sync is a matter of the NuppelAudioPlayer/avformatdecoder part ...
Good luck to anyone who tries ; it's such a massive blob.
On IRC, it looked like MarkK was going to have a go at it...

The audio code itself ; that is the part that plays the audio using
whatever framework is available (OSS, Alsa, DirectX, pulseaudio
etc...) does deserve an update because it's rather static as it is;
but not what I would consider a full rewrite.

Jean-Yves