[mythtv-users] canceled recording (Recorder Failed) mystery

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Mon Mar 8 00:47:54 UTC 2010

I get these. They don't seem to indicate anything serious.
> 2010-02-27 14:07:26.343 [mpeg2video @ 0x69406c0]Missing picture start code

> I think the secondary server may have a tuner in it with different firmware
> because it wouldn't work with H21, only H20.

Probably one of the status/setup screens shows the firmware version.

> Could both my cards be going bad? If they are is there some other card you
> can recommend?

The channel change failing has nothing to do with the cards. I think you
said the problems started after an upgrade so it's probably a software
problem.  I have the PVR-150 which is a similar card. I haven't had the
same problems you have but have had occasional lockups of my machine.

> So what I'd need to do is plug the tv into the pvr350 and see
> what happens when changing channels?

Yes. Hopefully the OSD will show why its won't channge the channel
which will give me an idea of what I need to change in the script.

In the directv.pl script you may need to change this from .2 to 2 ot
more to allow you to see the error.
$clear_osd_delay = .2;