[mythtv-users] tivo patents cover mythtv?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:49:07 UTC 2010

On 7 March 2010 03:24, robert Larson <dewmanstl at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO:
>
> I highly doubt it. I don't think the mythv developers ripped off code
> from Tivo. They have better things to do.....

That's irrelevant when it comes to a patent ... You may or may not
have copied the code; yet have infringed the patent.

The patent was lodged in 1998..

I have a double deck VCR letting me do just what Tivo claimed to have
invented: can record while watching another program..

That device alone would be sufficient to make any appeal to the
verdict successful as it is anterior to the "invention" date.

Stupid patents as usual...