[mythtv-users] tivo patents cover mythtv?

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Mar 6 17:11:15 UTC 2010

Myth-Tv ownership should be transferred to an entity outside of the USA
where it can continue to operate unencumbered by the issue of software
patents.

As there is no revenue model for the current ownership this isn't
something that should bother them.

In addition as there is no revenue model there is no real way for Tivo
to block distribution of the myth-tv source code from an external to the
USA location to usa citizen unlike the transportation of a physical item
(eg the nokia case against apple).

This is the last I can say on the matter but this is how it should be
approached and must be done before any lawsuit occurs.