[mythtv-users] Grabbing web tv into myth (eg: ctv.ca global.ca)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Mar 5 02:56:57 UTC 2010

On 3/4/2010 21:41, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> I'm seeing more broadcasters offering online access to their TV shows
> (eg: CTV.ca and GLOBAL.ca).  I'd like an easy (family friendly) way to
> integrate the feeds into Mythtv.
> What's the best way to do this?  Of course I could just launch a
> browser...but the wiki shows a variety of interesting plugins.  I just
> can't figure out which one(s) will work

The only officially supported plugin is MythNetVision.  It basically
handles opening up MythBrowser for you.  If the broadcaster provides an
RSS feed with links to their shows, that may be all you need.
Otherwise, you may need to write a screen scraper to populate a list on
your own (and check whether their ToS allows it).