[mythtv-users] 1TB+ drive recommendation?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:33:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> Looking to make some changes between BE/FE boxes and would like to add a
> 1TB+, looking at a few different ones I'd appreciate feedback from y'all who
> may have any experience with any of these:
>
> Samsung Spinpoint F3EG 1TB:
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152202
> Seagate Barracuda 1TB:
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
> WD 1.5TB Green:
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136351
> Samsung F2 1.5TB:
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152175
> ^^ These last two are only ~$15 more for another 500GB... yikes how do I
> resist!
>
> Unless any of the above are highly recommended, the WD100FALS looks like the
> go-to drive??
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
>
> Thanks a lot for any help
> Bob

i have a seagate baracuda lp
(http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148411) and
have had absolutely no problems with the drive from the day i bought
it and it runs pretty cool, here are the hddtemps if you care...

storm:/home/hatlevip# hddtemp /dev/sd*
/dev/sda1: ST3500641AS: 31°C
/dev/sdb1: WDC WD5000AAJS-00YFA0: 39°C
/dev/sdc1: ST31000520AS: 32°C
/dev/sdd1: WDC WD5000AAKS-00C8A0: 33°C

though i guess if i were you i'd go for a 1.5TB drive these days. YMMV i guess!