[mythtv-users] Interlaced Mpeg 2 External Playback Issues

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 2 00:07:55 UTC 2010

Greetings All,
     I've been happy with the upgrade from 0.21 -> 0.22 and the support
of vdpau.  The last thing that I'm having trouble with is playing
recorded programs outside of mythtv.  I use VLC to access a share on my
mythtv box that has been populated by links from mythrename.  Files that
were recorded before the update plays fine, both interlaced and
progressive.  Since the upgrade, I can only seem to playback newly
recorded progressive recordings.  I record SD using a PVR250 and HD
using a HDHR.  SD is from a dishnetwork receiver, HD from OTA.  VLC will
start to play the files then it'll stutter after a second then it'll
sound garbled and chipmunky (new word), then it'll eventually stop
playing.  This is the same for both SD and HD interlaced content.  If I
play back progressive content (all hd)  it plays beautifully.  Again old
pre 0.22 recordings of all denominations play fine.    Additionally I've
tried vlc under linux and windows, windows media player also behave
similarly. Any ideas?  I've exhausted my knowledge on how recordings are
made on mythtv.  Thanks