[mythtv-users] Looking for UK TV listings data from past 6 months

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 1 00:15:55 UTC 2010

<Leaving the top posting in place>

The program table only has data up to 7 days old.  Keeping data longer
than that would be a copyright--or at minimum--ToS violation for most
all listings data sources in use by MythTV (including, for certain,
Schedules Direct).

The oldprogram table only has titles and airdates of shows shown within
the last 11 months (for use by the Title Search/New Titles functionality
in mythfrontend).

The oldrecorded table only has information on shows that matched
recording rules within the current program listings and going back for
10 days as well as information on all shows that were ever recorded or
marked to never record by the user's system.

MythTV does not keep the old listings data, so you won't find the data
in any one user's current database (unless someone else just happened to
record all the same things you record).

My recommendation would be to stick the old recordings in MythVideo and,
if you feel you have to have them in the TV section, let your system
re-record them.  Oh, and--of course--to come up with a backup strategy.
:)  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike