[mythtv-users] Firewire no longer required on HD STBs

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Jun 30 18:40:04 UTC 2010

On 6/30/2010 1:37 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:

> I can see this ethernet option being the same - unless there is **just
> one** standard across all manufacturers of cable boxes and all networks,
> then the TV manufacturers aren't going to put the effort into supporting
> any of them.

Right.

  Can you imagine the headaches when a user hooks up his shiny new TV to firewire only to not have it work.

Calling the cable co --> "Sounds like a problem with your TV"
Calling the TV maker --> "That's a problem with the output of the cable box"

AWESOME! The consumer -- F'd over again.

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net