[mythtv-users] can't shutdown from frontend after recent 0.23-fixesupdate?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:51:08 UTC 2010

Hi

On 30 June 2010 11:09, Jack Perveiler <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm sure.  Selecting "Yes and Shutdown" does nothing... I can still
> navigate menus and watch recordings as if I never selected it.
>
> That being said, after r25183 (I'm using JYA's 0.23-fixes repositories) I
> see from mythfrontend --version that using_qtdbus is now displayed.  Still,
> no difference in behavior.  But I noticed that I had the frontend "server
> shutdown" configuration item set to a no-longer-existing script
> (myth-halt.sh) and, after reading a post from Michael Dean in the thread
> "Why won't MythBuntu shut down?" I cleared that entry (it is now empty).
> After doing that things are shutting down like they should.
>
> I don't know why things shut down properly with that defunct script in the
> settings before, or what changed so that the frontend now cares about it,
> but with it clear and with 0.23-fixes post r25183 things are behaving again.

There were two issues.

The first one was that dbus support wasn't properly detected by the
configure script
the fix occurred in revision 25183
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25183

The 2nd issue, is that when you ask mythfrontend to shutdown it does
the following.

1- test if a shutdown script is configured, and use it if yes
if no
2- use dbus to shutdown

As I wrote earlier, upgrading from 0.22 and earlier, you are likely
going to have a user script defined (as it was the default before)