[mythtv-users] Partitioning 1TB disk to MythTV

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Mon Jun 28 14:50:58 UTC 2010

Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a HTPC and I want to install MythTV to watch satellite
> channels, the PC has 1TB hard drive. How I must partition it?
>
> I want to use all 1TB to record TV programs, I have an other 1TB NAS
> (Samba) to store films, music and fotos.
>
> I want to install Debian Squeeze.
>
> Thanks and regards.

KISS
1 / partition of 2-3GB
1 /data for recordings and other data
No swap, enough memory <= 1GB, swap is only needed for misbehaving
applications.
All partitions XFS with allocsize=1024M as option to avoid
fragmentation, and/or is defragged very fast with xfs_fsr.

Using more partitions, they will be too large or too small, causes waste
or trouble.

My 2cents

Henk