[mythtv-users] Mythweb support for *.png coverart in mythvideo

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:07:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 6/24/2010 08:55, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>>
>>> At least one coverart picture for one of my movies is a *.png image.
>>> When looking at mythweb videos it complains about missing coverart.
>>> Works fine from myth front end.  Is there a setting to allow *.png
>>> images?
>>>

>> What version of MythTV are you running? MythWeb? Are you using Storage
>> Groups?
>>

> This is on mythbuntu 10.04 running .23-fixes
>
> Yes to storage groups.

Was able to get this fixed.  First tried to use the `convert` command
to change the image from *.png to *.jpg

Then went to the front end to edit metadata info.  Wasn't able to
navigate to the new filename and just ran out of patients.  Then did a
"reset metadata" and "download metadata".

That fixed it.

Interesting when coverart wasn't working from mythweb, if you we're to
right click on the broken image icon and "save as" the file name was
coverart.number.png.html

99% of all my coverart are jpeg images.

Should myth and mythweb be able to handle either *.jpg or *.png images?